Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- Learning to dance is an investment that keeps on paying back. Of all the hobbies you may have, dancing is one which goes with you wherever you go in years to come.
Reviews & Testimonials
See what others have to say about us!
Love this place. Great way to get some exercise, learn to dance and make new friends. Bobby and Julia run a great studio.Ken W.
We took dance classes here for our wedding and absolutely loved it! Tricia was our main instructor and was so patient and amazing. We had so much fun, even when... read moreKatley S.
Arthur Murray is a great place to learn to dance! It's so fun. The teachers there are so kind and always listen to students' ideas. If you'd like to learn... read moreA G.
Arthur Murray is a great place to learn to dance! It's so fun. The teachers there are so kind and always listen to students' ideas. If you'd like to learn... read moreMia Z.